Langley Health Services eliminated charting back logs to free up time to see more patients in fewer work hours.
Excelsior Orthopaedics is a comprehensive musculoskeletal center offering a broad range of medical and clinical expertise in general orthopedic evaluation and treatment, physical and occupational therapy, neck and spine care, Sports Medicine, hand and foot care, and shoulder and elbow management, etc. Excelsior Orthopaedics was founded on the belief that every patient deserves to receive care that does more than fixing a problem.
- Difficulty documenting patient visits in a newly installed electronic medical records (EMR) program
- Entering overwhelmingly detailed information to meet HRSA guidelines took away from patient interactions
- Keeping up with charting after patient visits (and often after hours) added to the practice’s already full workload
- Backlogs, and other inefficiencies, impacted quality of care and reimbursements
- Continues need to post vacancy ads, canvassing, interviewing, and hiring the qualified experienced candidates.
- Excelsior Orthopaedics contracted ScribeEMR’s remote medical scribe services to document visits in real time, reduce workload, and address other inefficiencies
- Onboarding ScribeEMR took only days, with a dedicated project manager assigned within 24 hours.
- Excelsior no longer relies solely on their primary on-site coders as ScribeEMR augments the Excelsior coding team. And ScribeEMR is able to help manage the increasing coding workload.
- ScribeEMR manages the training of their medical coders on Excelsior coding guidelines to ensure coding according to Excelsior policies.
- Streamlined A/R cycle – faster reimbursement.
- Increased reimbursement through accurate, compliant coding.
- Enhanced client satisfaction, as coders at ScribeEMR are well versed with the recent updates in E/M guidelines and ICD10 and CPT codes
ScribeEMR is not a healthcare provider. For all medical needs and emergencies,
please call 911 or your primary care physician.
“We have always faced the challenge of hiring skilled and experienced professionals for accurate and timely coding and billing. ScribeEMR has been able to tackle this issue very well. Their organized approach and willingness to put in concerted efforts have certainly helped us streamline our A/R cycles, resulting in faster reimbursements. Our workload of medical coding and billing is managed much effectively with all the things being done within a week. Now, I have more bandwidth to get things done sooner.”
─ Pamela Larkin
Director, Revenue Cycle Excelsior Orthopaedics