Langley Health Services eliminated charting back logs to free up time to see more patients in fewer work hours.
Langley Health Services (LHS) serves the medical, dental, and behavioral health care needs of central Florida primary care patients at four locations. LHS physician specialists and clinical staff provide exceptional health care experiences in underserved areas as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), in conformance with the program requirements and oversight guidance of the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA).
- Difficulty documenting patient visits in a newly installed electronic medical records (EMR) program
- Entering overwhelmingly detailed information to meet HRSA guidelines took away from patient interactions
- Keeping up with charting after patient visits (and often after hours) added to the practice’s already full workload
- Backlogs, and other inefficiencies, impacted quality of care and reimbursements
- Langley contracted ScribeEMR’s remote medical scribe services to document visits in real time, reduce workload, and address other inefficiencies
- Onboarding ScribeEMR took only days, with a dedicated project manager assigned within 24 hourshttps://scribeemr.com/
- All backlogged charts were documented and closed within the first 30 days
- 95-100% of charts are now closed within 24 hours from the date of service versus 48-72 hours
- Eliminating home charting dramatically improved provider morale and overall well-being
- Appointment wait time was slashed from five to two days
- Practitioners can see about 2.8 more patients per day without adding hours
ScribeEMR is not a healthcare provider. For all medical needs and emergencies,
please call 911 or your primary care physician.
“Our providers are now able to successfully lock 99% of their encounters in a timely fashion. That’s directly related to ScribeEMR’s ability to assist our once struggling providers, and I am amazed.”
─ John Sivon
Chief Strategy Officer, Langley Health